Chocolate Chip Cookies
The best chocolate chip cookies ever! They're even better if you add crushed peanut M&Ms to them. Makes about 16 cookies.
- 280 grams all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 170 grams unsalted butter, melted
- 135 grams brown sugar
- 100 grams granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 150 grams chocolate chunks or crushed peanut M&Ms
- Melt the butter in a small sauce pan. Once melted put off to the side to cool to room temperature.
- Mix the flour, baking soda, cornstarch, and salt in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, mix the melted butter and sugar together. Add the egg and vanilla. Mix until the egg is fully incorporated.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Add the chocolate chunks.
- Ball the dough, about 40g each. Refigerate the dough for at least 2 hours but ideally overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 160°C. Once heated, bake the cookies for 12 minutes. They'll look underbaked, but don't worry!