Honey Roasted Hot Pepper Hot Sauce
Making hot sauce at home is easy and delicious! The hot sauce should last 14 days in the fridge.
- 114g hot peppers (mixture of types)
- 42g honey
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp of chopped basil
- 13g brown sugar
- 21g of bourbon or dark rum
- 170g apple cider vinegar
- Juice from 1/2 a lime
- Preheat the oven to 175C
- Wearing gloves, roughly chop the hot peppers, you want big chunks.
- Wrap the garlic in tin foil with some oil and place it in the oven. Roast for 20-30min.
- Mix the hot peppers with the brown sugar, honey, and alcohol. Roast in the oven on a baking sheet for 12 minutes, make sure to reserve any liquid left.
- Let the hot peppers and garlic cool.
- Add the peppers and garlic to a food processor or blender with the reserved liquid, apple cider vinegar, and salt to taste. Process until smooth.
- Add in the lime juice (add more if you want!).
- Pour into a container and store in your fridge.